Mountain View Fellowship is an independent, non-denominational church that stands under the authority of the Word of God, the Bible, as our role of faith and practice. We are not opposed to denominations as such; only to their over-emphasis of the doctrinal differences that have lead to the division of the Body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ's (Agape) love, which is far greater than the differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians. Where the Bible speaks, we will speak; where the Bible is silent, we will be silent.
As we have studied the Bible and walked with Christ, we have come to believe and teach:
- That God is the Sovereign Creator of the universe who cares personally for man as his Heavenly Father.
- That Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God, who died for our sins, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will someday return in judgment.
- That the Bible is God's inspired Word and is the divinely authoritative standard by which Christians live.
- That man, because of his personal sin, needs to be made whole and restored to fellowship with God through Jesus Christ.
- That any person can become a Christian as was done in the Bible by accepting Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, and following Him as He has commanded.
- As a congregation, we believe in Baptism of believers as stated in Matthew 28 and Romans 6 and that the Holy Spirit dwells within each Christian as a comforter, counselor, and encourager, and gives gifts for abundant living and assurance for eternal life.
- That the Church is the body of Christ composed of all born again believers around the world. It is identified locally by ministering congregations.
Long ago, this phrase was coined by early Christians: "In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things love." It is our desire to unite on the essentials of the Bible and to give loving freedom in areas of opinion. We do not claim to be a perfect church. Rather, we are a fellowship of the imperfect, desiring to grow into the perfect image of God's Son, Jesus Christ.