- Launched: October of 2005 to reach Eastern Colorado with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's our goal to share this life-changing message in creative and practical ways.
- The People of MVF: We believe everyone can find their place here, and we hope it will feel like coming home. We're a church full of singles, families, young, and old from all walks and seasons of life.
- What to Wear: Wear whatever you're most comfortable in... it's a pressure-free environment. Come as you are; jeans and shorts (and cowboy boots!) are the norm.
- What to Expect: An amazing worship band, no awkward passing of the offering plate, and messages geared towards real-life, normal people that are straight from the Bible. We want you to be able to relate those messages to the problems and pressures you face every day... and we're pretty sure you'll laugh, be inspired, and leave encouraged and ready to face the week. Oh, and we've got a phenomenal Children's Department for your younger family members!
Want to dig a little deeper into who we are?
Here you go:
Our Mandate, or mission statement, is "Pointing people to Jesus by fostering relationships." Over time, we realized there was a lack of authentic relationships among those living in our area... people moved to the country to live on acreage but they lose something crucial...community. We believe we are created for a relationship with God and others and that the privilege to speak into someone's life only comes with their knowledge that you truly care for them.
Our Motive is "You Over Me."
We practice "You Over Me" by putting:
1. God Over Everything: If we get this one right, everything else will follow.
2. Relationships Over Rules: It's what Jesus did and what He calls us to do.
3. Service Over Selfishness: Overcoming our selfish nature isn't easy, but we believe serving others is the practical application of our motive.
And we practice:
4. Together Over Alone: God created us for community and didn't intend for us to do life all by ourselves!
Mountain View Fellowship is an independent, non-denominational church that stands under the authority of the Word of God, the Bible, as our role of faith and practice. As a non-denominational church, our emphasis is on unity within God's church. We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ's (Agape) love, which is far greater than the differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians. Where the Bible speaks, we will speak; where the Bible is silent, we will be silent.
As we have studied the Bible and walked with Christ, we have come to believe and teach:
- That God is the Sovereign Creator of the universe who cares personally for man as his Heavenly Father.
- That Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God, who died for our sins, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will someday return in judgment.
- That the Bible is God's inspired Word and is the divinely authoritative standard by which Christians live.
- That man, because of his personal sin, needs to be made whole and restored to fellowship with God through Jesus Christ.
- That any person can become a Christian as was done in the Bible by accepting Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, and following Him as He has commanded.
- That Baptism is commanded by Jesus and is important as an outward expression of an inward decision.
- That the Holy Spirit dwells within each Christian as a comforter, counselor, and encourager, and gives gifts for abundant living and assurance for eternal life.
- That the Church is the body of Christ composed of all born again believers around the world. It is identified locally by ministering congregations.
- The phrase,"In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things love..." was coined by early Christians centuries ago. It is our desire to unite on the essentials of the Bible and to give loving freedom in areas of opinion. We do not claim to be a perfect church. Rather, we are a fellowship of the imperfect, desiring to grow into the perfect image of God's Son, Jesus Christ.